- be highly relevant to the intended audience
- use language that is meaningful
- be structured in a logical manner and without repetition
- be accurate and represent the quality outputs of the University.
- be relevant to the content and audience
- not clutter the page
- contain a single picture, not a collage or collection of pictures within the one image
- be high quality imagery (not sourced from clip art libraries or scanned from print sources).
Copyright & legal issues
Authors should be aware that all material published on behalf of ANU is subject to Australian law and care must be taken to avoid abuses, known or otherwise.
All material published electronically is subject to the same legal considerations as information published through traditional means. All authors should be particularly aware of copyright restrictions as they apply to reproduction of text, graphics or other intellectual property on the web.
For guidance on specific issues email the Legal Office.