Before each website is approved for publication it will be assessed against a checklist.
1. Layout framework
- All ANU sites must adhere to the standard ANU web layout framework. Any deviation must be approved by Marketing & Student Recruitment.
Read Menu area for more information.
- All sites must have at least one menu block
- The first item on the first menu must be Home
- Menu items should be in sentence case
- & should be used instead of 'and' on menu items
- Menu item labels should match corresponding webpage titles
- Off-site links should not appear in the first menu
- PDF and other non-webpages should not appear in the menu
- The menu should represent the site architecture as logically as possible
- Menus should expand and collapse in the expected manner
The following points give a basic overview of content issues, but please see the web content authors checklist for more detail.
- Headings and page titles should be in sentence case
- Heading levels should be applied for structure (rather than appearance)
- Pages must comply with the ANU writing style guide. Examples include:
- no use of ANU's
- use of full College name in all occurrences (eg. ANU College of ...)
- correct time date formats
- expanded acronyms on first use
- Australian English (use of s not z etc.)
- proper use of quotation marks - "" for speech, ' for emphasis
- Elements must line up with the grid, be responsive and use appropriate styles
- Images should use the correct ratios
- Colours and backgrounds must be in University colours using relevant styles
- Bullet lists should be in an acceptable form
- Sites must be using Site IDs to deliver items such as the banner, metadata and footer
- Metadata should be completed
- Code should be valid HTML or XHTML and should refer to valid CSS (check your website validation with W3C)
- Websites should adhere to Accessibility guidelines - WCAG 2.0 Level AA or greater